Attorney Robin B. Rose Buxton represents clients from Townsend, Massachusetts in divorce and family law matters. Here is a community summary:
Townsend was first settled in 1676 and officially incorporated as a town in 1732. It was named after Charles Townshend, an English secretary of state and an opponent of the Tories.
The town sits on the northern edge of Middlesex County in Massachusetts, bordering the communities of Brookline and Mason in New Hampshire. In Massachusetts, it neighbors Pepperell, Groton, Shirley, Lunenberg and Ashby.
The Townsend Common is the community’s gathering place. It is a historic site with ties to the American Revolution. When the British marched into Concord on April 19, 1775, a cannon was fired on the Townsend Common. In response, 73 men from Townsend marched into Concord to join the fighting. They returned three weeks later, after learning the British had gathered in Townsend.
Schools, Libraries and Courthouses:
- Townsend has 33 square miles and 9,000 residents at the last census.
- Townsend belongs to the North Middlesex Regional School District.
- Townsend Memorial Town Hall is located at 272 Main Street.
- Townsend Courthouses. The community is served by the Ayer District Court and Middlesex Superior Court. The district court is located at 25 E Main St. in Ayer. The courthouse also serves residents of Ashby, Ayer, Boxborough, Dunstable, Groton, Littleton, Pepperell, Shirley, Townsend, Westford and the Devens Regional Enterprise Zone.
- Townsend Public Library is located at 12 Dudley Road.
- Townsend Police Department can be found at 70 Brookline Street. The Townsend Fire Department is based at 272 Main Street.
About Attorney Robin B. Rose Buxton
Attorney Robin B. Rose Buxton is a Pepperell divorce and family law attorney. If you are considering divorce or have to appear in court on a family law matter, it is important to consult an attorney who is experienced in family law cases. For a free initial legal consultation, contact Attorney Robin B. Rose Buxton at 978-650-1120 or use law office contact form.